MPL power up your business competition
terms & conditions
1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized by AMKA Products (Proprietary) Limited and its agencies (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to all persons, except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls, or is controlled by, the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by AMKA Products – or its agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. The Competition is only valid within Southern Africa. Participants must be within Southern Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
4. By entering the Competition, all Participants and Winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
5. The Competition commences on 1st May 2023 and ends 31st July 2023 both days inclusive.
Prizes cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize and the Promoters decision is final and no negotiations or correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter reserves the right to replace the offer with one of equal or greater value.
Where the Participant is entitled to redeem a specific prize, as notified by the promoter, the following shall apply in respect of the relevant Reward to be redeemed:
The Prizes may not be allocated if the entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to, or if the Promoters detect and/or suspect any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
The Promoters will continuously monitor any irregular behaviour, whether it be in entries and/or Participant’s details. Consequently, any violation or attempt and/or suspicion of violation or irregular behaviour and/or non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate disqualification of the Participant.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
The Participant acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these Terms and Conditions and that he/she understands and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Terms and Conditions, the Participant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoters, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Promotion and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any of the Promoters.
The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the Participant, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the Participant to use the prize in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the prize; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring at any venue(s) arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoters themselves.
To terminate or extend the Promotion at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all Participants agree to waive (give up) any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
By entering the Programme in accordance with its terms, Participants acknowledge that the Programme will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the Reward to the Participant. Should any qualifying Participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the Participant shall be deemed to have rejected the prize.
The Participants further indemnify the Promoter and participating retailers from any claim should this Promotion be called off or extended for any reason whatsoever. Consequently, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promotors and such participating retailers.
Without detracting in any way from the Promoters’ rights in terms hereof, if required, as a result of a change in legislation by the South African Government, or if the Promotion is declared unlawful, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination all Participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoters or their promotional agents.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change postpone suspend or cancel this Promotion and any Prizes (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary. At the end of the Promotion for whatsoever reason, all of the Promoters’ obligations in regard to the Promotion as well as in regard to the Rewards shall cease to exist.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
6. The competition mechanics are as follows; Participants are to but any MPL product(s) in any participating retailer, upload their till slip to the official competition WhatsApp line +27717626753 and follow the prompts.
7. All Prize Winners will be determined by the Promoter on the draw date
8. The promoter will endeavour to contact the prize winner on the telephone number and email address provided. If, however, the prize winner cannot be reached after 6 attempts have been made during business hours within a period of 72 hours for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the competition rules.
9. The winner must be able to collect their prize from participating stores.
10. All Participants and the Winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisors, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Competition including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancel.
12. By entering the competition all participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law.
11. Competition entries are subject to the following conditions:
All Entries from Disqualified Participants will be rejected;
12. All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to AMKA Products Customer Care Line by WhatsApp 060-996-6087 or email email@example.com