MPL Fan's choice competition
terms & conditions
1. This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organized by AMKA Products (Proprietary) Limited and its agencies (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to all persons, except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls, or is controlled by, the promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by AMKA Products – or its agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated
companies (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. The Competition is only valid within southern Africa. Participants must be within southern Africa at the time of entering the Competition, for the verification process and at the time of the prizes being awarded should they be declared a Winner, failing which such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place under the same terms and conditions as the first draw.
4. By entering the Competition, all Participants and Winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason
that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
5. The Competition commences on 1 st June 2022 and ends 30 th September 2022 both days inclusive.
A) Prizes cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize and the Promoter's decision is final and no negotiations or correspondence will be entered into.
B) The promoter reserves the right to replace the offer with one of equal or greater value.
C) Where the Participant is entitled to redeem a specific prize, as notified by the promoter, the following shall apply in respect of the relevant Reward to be redeemed:
D) The Prizes may not be allocated if the entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to, or if the Promoters detect and/or suspectany irregularities or fraudulent practices.
E) The Promoters will continuously monitor any irregular behaviour, whether it be in entries and/or Participant’s details. Consequently, any violation or attempt
and/or suspicion of violation or irregular behaviour and/or non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate disqualification of the
F) Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
G) The Participant acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these Terms and Conditions and that he/she
understands and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
H) All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Terms and Conditions, the Participant gives consent to these risks and
hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoters, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost,
injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Promotion and related events and activities, save where such damage,
cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any of the Promoters.
I) The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate
the Participant, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the Participant to use the prize in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any
service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the prize; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring at any venue(s) arising, directly or
indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
J) The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of
any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoters themselves.
K) To terminate or extend the Promotion at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all Participants agree to waive (give up) any rights that
they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoters, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers
and nominated agents.
L) By entering the Programme in accordance with its terms, Participants acknowledge that the Programme will be managed in accordance with the
provisions of the CPA. Qualifying Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the Reward to the Participant. Should any qualifying Participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the Participant shall be deemed to have rejected the prize.
M) The Participants further indemnify the Promotors and participating retailers from any claim should this Promotion be called off or extended for any reason
whatsoever. Consequently, all Participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they have no
recourse against the Promotors and such participating retailers.
N) Without detracting in any way from the Promoters’ rights in terms hereof, if required, as a result of a change in legislation by the South African Government, or if the Promotion is declared unlawful, the Promoters reserve the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice. In the event of such termination all Participants agree to waive any rights they may have accrued in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Promoters or their promotional agents.
O) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change postpone
suspend or cancel this Promotion and any Prizes (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason
which the Promoters deem necessary. At the end of the Promotion for whatsoever reason, all of the Promoters’ obligations in regard to the Promotion
as well as in regard to the Rewards shall cease to exist.
P) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic ofSouth Africa.
6. The competition mechanics are as follows; Participants are to but any MPL product(s) in any retailer (both formal and informal) or online, upload their till slip to the official competition WhatsApp line +27717626753 and follow the prompts.
Prizes are as follows:
June: Samsung S22 and iPhone13
July: R 10,000 cash weekly (R 40,000.00 total)
August: Lenovo Flex Chromebook and MacBook Air
September: Trip to a local SA Destination to the value of R50,000.00
All Prize Winners will be determined by the Promoter on the following draw dates:
Month 1 draw: 4 July 2022
Month 2 draw: 4 August 2022
Month 3 draw: weekly every Monday of August 2022 (8th,15th , 22nd & 29th August)
Month 4 draw: 4 October 2022
7. All Prize winners will be required to prove identity and proof of banking account to receive
the Cash Prize. The Prize will be awarded using electronic fund transfer into a registered bank
8. All Participants and the Winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisors, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way in this Competition including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition and select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancel.
10. By entering the competition all participants agree to be bound by the rules, regulations and requirements set out in the promotional material. This competition is subject to South African law.
11. Competition entries are subject to the following conditions: All Entries from Disqualified Participants will be rejected;
12. All queries in connection with the competition should be directed to AMKA Products Customer Care Line by WhatsApp 060-996-6087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org